Monday, January 10, 2011

It's about five degrees in my office...I'm under a blanket


So this weekend was random…I decided I have been lame for way too long…I realized this when I was laying on the couch watching a Law & Order Marathon instead of going out and doing something…I’m pretty sure I was just wasting away the day which is nice sometimes, but I’m definitely in a funk…it’s this winter blues business…I’m pretty sure I need some more sun and warmth in my life…but I digress…

So started my Friday going to Bada Bing for happy hour…a place I never thought I would see the inside of but because Jess wanted to meet a police officer or fire fighter (and apparently this is where they all hang out), being a good friend I accompanied her…I had my doubts though….turns out the place has decent looking guys for about an hour and then it completely empties out and only dumb girls are left there…so we hung out for a few drinks, surveyed the scene and then left for dinner…after  dinner I went home because well I’m apparently an old woman…I hopped online and checked my e-mail and got the world’s longest e-mail from this guy I am semi-chatting with…his name is James, 35, he’s originally from Italy, really cute…so that was entertaining…

Saturday ran a few errands…told myself I was going to the gym (I didn’t)…started snowing pretty hard so I came home and sunk into my place on the couch (notice the lameness here)….called Jess and Trisha for a movie night….Jess bailed cause it was too cold…so Trish and I went to see The Fighter…such a good movie!! And Mark Wahlberg is super cute! Afterward, we went to McGarretts and hung out with Sugrue and his bartender friend Tabitha who is nice but…the Judgement Twins came out and we decided she is like Charlize Theron on Arrested Development…you’d have to watch the episodes to understand.

Sunday I was going to be lame and do nothing….luckily Trisha called and made me go out for the game with the boys…this led to a night of being ridiculous in Tully’s…planning our bucket list of trips…talking about my ridiculous blind dates, the boys latest ski escapades, young girls and all sorts of randomness. I was glad I went out…

This morning I woke up extra early just to get my body used to it because I am going back to the gym and getting back on track with life…I might have to tan or something to get the vitamin D...but I gotta get back to normal

No comments:

Post a Comment