Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Guess third time is the charm?....so far anyway

So tonight was the third date this month...really I am outdoing myself here and it went really well...I kissed him on the cheek at the end...I couldn't tell if that was hokey or classy...

We met up for coffee and we chatted it up...he's been a lot of places (I love travel!)....he has a dog (meh, I can manage)...he works for Citibank, he's not a serial killer (always a plus in my opinion) and we really got on well. He was a little awkward but in that way I find endearing, it was nice to see he was nervous and not a giant douche (you know what I mean)...he paid for our coffees, we chatted for about two hours, and then he brought up dinner and suggested Thai (I was ravenous at this point so I would have said yes to anything but plus point I <3 Thai)...still more conversation...about music and movies and work and randomness...he drove to the restaurant, I asked if he had any homicidal tendencies I needed to be worried about...he rolled with it and said they weren't skills he picked up yet...I liked the answer so I got in the car...One thing I really appreciated was earlier in the conversation I told him I'm a fidgeter...I had my hands under the table clearly fidgeting...and he was like "you should just be yourself and fidget...I don't mind" I thought it was nice...he told me the thing that caught his eye was my smile...that's very adorable...and he said that my profile was entertaining and that it was written very well (basically I wrote it as sarcastically as possible)

 On the drive back, he pulled out his IPOD, I snooped as he selected a song...eclectic mix...I like it

Back in the parking lot, he asked if he could have my number, so i gave it to him...and he asked if it were okay to call me...i said it was. He asked if we could date again, I said we could...he asked if he could call me before we went on another date...I said of course, I wouldn't expect any less...no date this weekend because I am already booked with Happy Hour, Scrabble Tournament with the boys and Petch's birthday party...so we talked about next weekend...and then he looked at me and I looked at him...and I thought to myself oh why not...so i leaned in to half hug/half kiss and we ended up kissing on the cheek (although i really wanted to kiss kiss him)...and we said goodbye and drove our separate ways...

Maybe online dating isn't all bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment